Final Tree Observations


My Tree: Bruce


Over the course of the semester, I honestly haven't seen many changes with this tree. This is the first picture I took of it and you can tell that there are no leaves and obviously that is because it is not the warm season yet. In the second picture the tree still looks almost identical and this is nearly four months later and spring has sprung but yet no leaves. It's crazy to me that this tree has gone so long without growing buds yet or leaves, I definitely remember the tree having leaves in the fall but it seems that it has been bare for so long! Compared to other trees that are around campus, this tree is definitely slacking on the growing of buds. I see many trees on campus that have budded and flowered already, makes me wish I chose a different tree! I hadn't expected the tracking of this tree to be so....boring? There just hasn't bee much going on with it over the course of the semester and I wish there were more things to observe. Although, I had noticed once it got a little warmer out that there was green moss growing on the trunk and it hadn't been there before. There's also a lot of wildlife running through the tree all the time, I was woken up by this darn crow outside my window crowing super loud and I took a video of it and you can hear the crow very clearly (it's attached up above, I couldn't get it to insert below). I wish I had chosen a smaller tree on campus to observe because I would have a lot more stuff to track and take pictures of.

January Tree


April Tree





Comments

Popular Posts